In the electrical engineering task, the engineer or the technician has to deal with a wide range of measures of electricity such as current, voltage, resistance, resistor, capacitances, etc. And these measures are essential for them to apply a suitable solution to the problem. For this reason, the information they are based on must be accurate and timely.
On some products, this information might be available in the user guide. But there are some product or electrical line that doesn’t present that. Hence, fellow technicians need the tool to extract the information. It is the digital clamp meters that have provided a convenient way to do the measurement. You just attach the clamp or the leads to the product you want to test. Then, the device will do its job.
However, as the product has encountered a dramatic increase in demand, the manufacturers started to introduce this product one after another into the market. As a consequence, it becomes a big dilemma for the technician or engineers when they are looking for the right one for their daily use.
Accordingly, this article will present you the top 10 digital clamp meters that stand out from the rest concerning the quality, performance as well as its design. This review is based on the previous customer’s experience as well as our evaluation of the product itself as well.
Customer Purchasing Guide:
Choosing the right clamp meter depends much on the demand you have in your work. The electricity tester might perform differently regarding the measurement. Therefore, you should be clear about what you want. In this article, we have the product that could measure most of the electrical things such as voltage, current, frequency, resistance, capacitance, etc. And even the diode check.
The additional function of the meter is also important in supporting your daily duty. Those features are the data hold functions that capture the previous data as what the calculator does. Also, the NCV detector allows you to perform faster testing on the voltage without even contacting.
The items included in the package What is included is essential as well since it provides a more value-added item to aid the process. Some product in this article has the test leads coming along. These test leads could help you to reach the confined space conveniently.
10. Signstek Handheld Mini Digital Clamp Meter
- By: Signstek
- Item Weight: N/A
- Product Dimensions: 7.3 x 2.3 x 2.8 inches
The first clamp meter of this year’s list goes to the product of Signstek, a leading provider of design-driven products in electrical engineering in Australia. And with this product, SIgnstek features the functions that allow this meter generates an accurate result promptly.
Primarily, Signstek equips it with the clamp that could measure AC/DC, voltage, resistance as well as the capacitance of the electronic appliance. The result generated by this meter is reliable due to the continuity buzzer that vibrates when there is any current on the surface. Moreover, the clamp could measure up to 100A of current, and 600V of voltage. Also, you can gauge the resistance up to 20MΩ
On the other hand, Signstek features this meter with an innovative design that brings out the ultimate efficiency as well as the comfort of the users. Notably, it features a jaw that could expand up to 17mm making it favorable for most types of products. Furthermore, it has an LCD backlight that displays a clear result on the screen. More interestingly, it has a low battery indication of less than 2.5V. Also, the device will turn it off after being inactive for 15 minutes.
9. Tacklife Digital Clamp Meter
- By: Tacklife
- Item Weight: 7.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 1.1 x 2.3 inches
The second digital clamp meter on this year list is from Tacklife. This Tacklife clamp meter is a combination of innovative design, excellent performance, and long-lasting durability.
In particular, this clamp meter could automatically identify the proper measurement function as well as the measuring range for your AC/DC and voltage, resistance and frequency. Moreover, it has NCV detection and AC signal frequency. This function could detect the non-connected voltage and alert to you with indicator light.
Furthermore, Tacklife designs this device with the customer experience in mind. For this reason, this digital clamp meter is made with a design that brings out the efficiency in work.
Mainly, Tacklife designs it with a one-button operation mechanism that allows the users to use this meter quickly. Also, it has a LED backlight display that shows you the exact result in number on the screen. On top of that, the device will alarm with the backlight flashes when the AC voltage exceeds 90V. By the way, this device runs on two pieces of AAA-type batteries.
8. Signstek Uni-T Digital Handheld Clamp Meter
- By: Signstek
- Item Weight: 13.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6 x 3 x 1 inches
Another product from Signstek that makes it to this year list of the best clamp meter has the AC clamp meter measuring up to 600 amps. Also, it could provide the accurate result of AC/DC voltage, AC, as well as the resistance with diode check. Its unique functions that we can find in this device are the auto-ranging function, in which you can get a quick result after the automatic measuring process.
Moreover, it has the data hold function that saves all the current, voltage, and resistance data for record-keeping. Furthermore, the sleep mode could save your more as it will automatically shut down when it stays inactive for a period.
Also, Signstek never misses to include its innovative design into the product. Hence, this clamp meter comes in a compact size perfect for the handheld and portable for outdoor use. Furthermore, it features massive jaws with a diameter of 28mm that could fit most of the product surface. Also, this device runs on the low power mode as it comes with an LED display using the least energy. It is powered by two pieces of AAA batteries.
7. LIUMY Digital Clamp Meter
- By: LIUMY
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.9 x 1.4 x 3.1 inches
Another one of the best digital clamp meters of this year list goes to the product of LIUMY. Similar to the other product on this list, LIUMY’s clamp meter features the functions that could deliver the measurement of AC’/DC voltage, current, frequency, resistance, capacitance as well as diodes, etc. It could cater to most of your needs in the electrical range.
Moreover, it comes with the auto-ranging mode that provides the automatic result when applying the clamp to the electrical surface. Also, the meter allows you to hold the data when measuring a couple of item at one time. Also, it features the type-K thermocouple measurement function. It will enable you to measure the temperature coefficient suitable for your work as well.
On the other hand, LIUMY also makes its product to ease the measuring task of every electrical technician. This clamp meter is designed to consume low battery with the automatic shut-down function.
The three AAA-type batteries power it. Most importantly, the product is built to last for the long run with the exterior material made of high-quality rubber. Such material makes it resistant to water and dust.
6. Tacklife CM01A Advanced Digital Clamp Meter
- By: Tacklife
- Item Weight: N/A
- Product Dimensions: 8.7 x 3 x 1.2 inches
It is so far the third clamp meter from Tacklife that make it to the top 10 list in 2022. And with this advanced series, Tacklife has more than the usual features to show you. Particularly, it provides a wide range of qualities that a meter can do and beyond.
Tacklife designs this product to measure the AC/DC voltage, current, resistance, frequency, as well as capacitance of any conductor. Moreover, there is a zero button function that scales the meter to zero allowing you to identify the irregularities easily.
Furthermore, Tacklife never fails to equip its product with an innovative design that offers the ultimate efficiency as well as unmatched comfort for the users. Specifically, the device comes with a buzzer sound that will alarm once the resistance is below 50.
Hence, this meter is an ideal choice for troubleshooting in electrical problems. Besides, this device features a large jaw that opens up to 26mm. It could measure the current in a conductor without interrupting the circuit and measure the AC without stropping a cord.
5. ELIKE Auto-Ranging Digital Clamp On Meter
- By: ELIKE
- Item Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.5 x 4.4 x 1.5 inches
And we have found another best clamp-on meter that stands out from the rest this year. It is the product of the well-known brand, ELIKE from China. This clamp meter comes with the fully-functional features that could test AC/DC voltage, resistance, continuity as well as the diode check.
- Ture RMS Clamp Meter: the clamp meter can accurately measure AC/DC voltage, AC current,resistance,and also diode.True RMS is for accurate measurements on non-linear loads.
- NCV Detection Function:Non-contact voltage detector effectively senses AC voltage and flashes without contact with any wires.
- Continuity Test and Overload Protection: Designed to safely and accurately confirm the circuit conducts electricity with low voltage Indication and overload protection. Light alarm if detects the AC voltage or live wire.Shows "OL" on the LCD if overload.
- Easy to Use:Small and portable to carry and use. High resolution, large backlit LCD screen improves visibility. The flashlight can access measurement in a dark place. Low battery display.Confidently diagnose automotive, industrial, and household electrical issues.
- Safety Guarantee: Safety standard IEC 61010-1, CAT III 600V. Double insulation. 12 months product warranty provided.
Moreover, this device could perform the NCV measurement. This function can detect the AC voltage without direct contact with the circuit. Also, it comes with the audible continuity function that could confirm whether the circuit’s diode is working properly. This device is an ideal meter for troubleshooting work as it could detect and test the problem quickly.
Besides, ELIKE also equips this clamp-on meter with an ergonomic and efficient design for fellow users. Particularly, this clamp meter features two jaws connected by a strong spring allowing the device to close around a conductor up to 25mm in diameter.
Furthermore, ELIKE makes this to be a power-efficiency device with its low-battery consumption design. It has automatic shut-down modes, as well as a low-light, LED display.
4. Eventek T-RMS Digital Clamp Meter
- By: Eventek
- Item Weight: 1.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9.1 x 5.9 x 1.8 inches
Event also joins this year list of the top 10 digital clamp meter. This device might catch your attention with its contrasting color, but it turns out to be one of the best clamp meters that provides an excellent result.
This device is designed to be the clamp multimeter. It is because it can be used to measure a wide range of electrical measurements such as AC/DC voltage, current, resistance as well as the diode test. Moreover, this Eventek meter features the data hold and the max value hold functions that allow the users to quickly and accurately troubleshoot the problem of the conductor. Also, NCV detection is in place to test the voltage even without direct contact with the object.
On the other hand, this Eventek’s clamp meter comes with a great design that provides efficiency in their working process along with comfort to the users at the same time. This auto-ranging meter will cut the time spent on manual operations.
Also, the LED display shows the precise and exact on result with other information included. Besides, Eventek also built this product to last for the long run. It is made using high-quality thermoplastic (ABS) making the product more durable with the exterior factor.
3. AstroAI Digital Clamp Meter
- By: AstroAI
- Item Weight: 1.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9.2 x 4.3 x 1.8 inches
Eventually, we have reached the top three products of this year list, and the clamp meter that got the 3rd rank this year goes to the device from Astro. This clamp meter can perform the test on a wide range of measurements including voltage, current, resistance, etc. It can even measure the temperature as well as the tests diodes of the conductor.
- True-RMS 6000 Counts Clamp Meter: This multimeter can fastly accurate measure AC/DC Voltage, AC Current (not for DC current), Resistance, Continuity, Capacitance, Frequency, Diodes and Temperature Tests, which is a really useful tool for solving industrial and household electrical issues.
- Large Jaw Design but Mini Size: The Clamp Meter can measure the AC Current in a conductor up to 42mm(1.65inch) without interrupting the circuit. Its slim and compact size makes it easy to operate in narrow spaces.
- Quick value reading: The Amp Meter can quicky gets the reading with the sampling speed of 2 times per second.
- Thoughtful Design:The True RMS Clamp Multimeter support Data Hold,Max/Min, low battery indicator,Auto shut off,and large backlit LCD screen, ideal for dim areas.
- Safety Clamp meter: The ammeter can handle the demands of a long workday with its durable exterior and heavy-duty capabilities. Advanced features and humanized designs make it suitable for professionals and amateurs.
Furthermore, AstroAl features in this professional device with the true RMS for to generate the actual AC as well as the voltage readings. Also, this meter has auto-ranging providing quicker and more accurate results. Furthermore, you can comfortably hold the data for a while when dealing with some measuring task.
On the other hand, AstroAl also designs this device for the comfortable as well as efficient use of its customer. For this reason, the AstroAl’s clamp meter comes with an extra-large clamp. The clamp could expand up to 25mm in diameter. Moreover, this device has a LED display that allows the user to see the result on the screen conveniently. Besides, the exterior housing of the device is made using high-quality thermoplastic making it durable for the long run.
2. Uni-T Mini Clamp Capacitance Tester
- By: UNI-T
- Item Weight: 5.9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.9 x 1.3 x 2.4 inches
The runner-up of this year best digital clamp meter goes to the capacitance tester from Uni-T. Though this product is initially designed for capacitance testing, its capacity could perform far beyond that.
- Ultra-portable tools for advance electricians, true rms response for ac current
- 100A AC and DC current measurement with 1mA resolution, V.F.C function for measuring signal at varia
- 600V ac and dc voltage measurement, resistance, diode, continuity and capacitance functions
- Non-contact voltage detection with led indication, display backlight
- Data hold, max, min, max-min, and zero mode
It could deliver the measuring performance on the voltage, current, frequency, and even the diodes check. Additionally, this clamp meter from Uni-T also features the True RMS that ensures accurate result for the users in a short time. Also, the device comes with the NCV detector function that allows users to identify the voltage signal without even contacting it.
Furthermore, Uni-T also inserts the data-hold and the zero button function. These features make it easier for the user to do the multi-tasking during the measuring process.
Besides, this mini clamp test from Uni-T comes with a great design that reflects the ultimate efficiency as well as the extra comfort when in use. The device is designed for comfortable handling, and easy to hold for outdoor use with its grip. On the other hand, the tester features an LCD to provide clear information on the screen. By the way, this clamp meter runs on two pieces of AAA-type batteries.
1. Etekcity MSR-C600 Digital Clamp Multimeters
- By: Etekcity
- Item Weight: 12.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 8.2 x 3 x 1.2 inches
At last, we have found the best of the best digital clamp meter of 2022. And it is the multimeters from Etekcity, a reputable brand specialized in electrical equipment production. With this clamp multimeter, Etekcity inputs most of the necessary functions making it more appealing to the prospective users.
- Accurately Measures: AC/DC voltage, only for AC current (not for DC current), resistance, and also provides diode and continuity tests
- Jaw Opening: the Clamp measures the AC current in a conductor up to 26mm without interrupting the circuit
- Additional Features: data hold, max reading, and an easy-to-read large LCD
- Easily Carrying: comes with a handy carrying pouch, perfect for use while you're on the go
- Sleep Mode: automatically enters sleep mode after 15 minutes of inactivity for energy conservation
Specifically, this clamp meter is designed to measure the AC, AC/DC voltage, resistance, diodes, as well as continuity test. This meter is an ideal choice for a troubleshooting task. Moreover, it features the auto-ranging mode that allows the users to gains the result in a short time only. Also, the data hold and zero-button function make this device ideal for the multi-tasking situation.
On the other hand, Etekcity also designs this device for more extended use with the ultimate efficiency. Hence, this device features massive spring-driven jaws that open up to 26mm in diameter. Also, the outer case of this meter is made using industrial-grade polyethylene that stays strong even after extended use. And it is also resistant to the harsh working condition. Besides, this multimeter is designed for the users to achieve efficiency. Therefore, it has an automatic shut-down mode that will disconnect the device from power after 15 minutes of inactivity.