To those who own the conventional drill at home, you might not be really interested in this range of product. But for fellows who are the technician in plumbing or electrical maintenance, this product is the top equipment you need in your daily activity. The right-angle drill might be the equipment that looks bizarrely with its unusual design.
However, this specially designed drill allows lots of technicians in dealing with the tight space situation that requires such drill to reach the fixing spot. And also, this innovated drill could perform more than just the typical drill, it can be our torque for some situation as well.
As this right-angle drill is getting popular, you might find it hard to find a right one for yourself since the development of the product keeps going very fast. Many new functions were developed, the design was improved for the customer centricity and better consumer experience, and also more competition in the market.
Hence, in this article, we will present the top 10 best right-angle drill in 2022. We have compiled this list according to the customer who has experience with these products as well as by their ratings on each product as well.
Best Heavy-Duty Right-Angle Drills – Editor’s Pick
Customer Purchasing Guide:
Getting your first right-angle drill might be a real big deal, but here are a few things you need to know about this tool:
- The right-angle drill is for those who normally work with the tight space such as plumber, HVAC, electrician, etc. If you don’t meet this requirement, we would recommend you to stay loyal to your power drill.
- Choose the right type of right-angle tool you need. You can buy another right-angle drill for this particular use or you can just buy the attachment and install it to your existing drill.
- Choose the drill that could power itself. It is more convenient to go cordless, you know how hard it is to find the power source if you are using the cord ones.
10. Jocestyle Aluminum Head Right-Angle Drill
- By: Jocestyle
- Item Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 6.5 x 5.3 x 1.5 inches
This first right-angle drill to appear on the list is the one from Jocestyle. They make this drill’s casing of the metal aluminum with the metal gear making this equipment to be durable and strong. This device could accommodate your heavy duty in any harsh condition you are in.
|Power Source||Wind Powered|
The drill features the 90-degree angle drilling that is favorable for the tight space working. No matter if it is below the kitchen sink or on the ceiling, this right angle drill could perform the perfect power drill precisely with no effort. The motor that drives this drill works satisfyingly with the maximum speed up 1500 RPM. The clamping range of this drill is 1 – 10mm, so it is not difficult to find a matching chuck for it.
And if you had the bad experience of heavy and bulky drill before, this drill from Jocestyle is definitely a thing you are looking for. With relatively small size, it also comes in a lighter weight as well. You could conveniently carry this with you on your daily mission. And for your information, this drill runs on the 110V rechargeable batteries, You can buy the battery separately to start using.
9. Milwaukee Right Angle Drill with D-Handle
- By: Milwaukee
- Item Weight: 15.6 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 21 x 12 x 6 inches
Now here is the right angle drill that would fit perfectly for your heavy duty in any flexible situation. It is the output of Milwaukee, an American well known for its power tool equipment. With this right-angle drill, Milwaukee designs it for the ease of the daily use while maintaining its durability and strength.
- Power Tools and Accessories
- Country of manufacture: China
- Manufacturer: Milwaukee
- Powerful 7-amp motor
- Use with up to 4-5/8-inch selfeed bits
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
|Color||Black, Red, Grey|
It runs on the powerful 7-amp motor that could make a hole in seconds effortlessly. It has the speed control trigger allowing you to manage your speed within its range conveniently on the trigger. This Milwaukee drill features the head and handles swivel chuck that provides you the easy and super-fast drilling even in any tough spot or with any hard materials. The swivel can be locked safely in any position. You wouldn’t worry about reaching the tight space under the sink or behind the wall, etc.
Milwaukee uses the high-quality plastic to make the casing of the drill. Plastic makes it less heavy for the equipment with the already heavy machine. More interestingly, the D-handle design allows users to take control firmly on the tools, so you could also perform the job satisfyingly as well. With such well-built casing and the super strong motor, this right-angle drill is one considerable choice for you.
8. Ryobi One Plus Right-angle Drill
- By: Ryobi
- Item Weight: 3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 13 x 3.2 x 5.1 inches
The first impression you got seeing this for the first time would be on its compact and extremely sleek design. Exactly, this slim design is the main selling point, but it also has beyond the appearance to show you.
- LONG-NECK DESIGN allows for greater leverage and reach into awkward places for specific applications that standard drill / drivers are not suited for, like plumbing or HVAC installation
- ONBOARD MAGNETIC TRAY holds bits and fasteners for when you want both hands open to use the tool while on the job
- LED LIGHTING keeps your job illuminated while working in dark or tight spaces, allowing you to work with improved accuracy
- RUBBERIZED OVERGRIP lets you hold this tightly in slippery conditions, allowing for greater control for proper fastener driving and hole boring
- ONE+ COMPATIBLE: This tool works with multiple 18V batteries in Ryobi’s suite, including the P100, P102, P103, P104, P105, P107, and P108
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
This one+ right-angle drill is one of the one+ series from Ryobi that was branded as one of the best power tools this year. This drill features the P241 drill that has the double-ended bits. This drill could make a hole in seconds with just a push on the trigger. On the controller, there is the forward/reverse selector that could be done using only one hand. More importantly, this one+ drill has the built-in LED light that could light up the tight and dark working area that you need to work on. This drill uses the 18V rechargeable battery to power the operation. The batteries are available for purchase separately.
The design of this one+ drill allows you to easily reach the place you can’t with the conventional drill. The grip on the handle makes it more convenient and safe for you to take control of this extended body design. As a verdict, this one+ drill is so far a great product for the fellows who are the technician in plumbing, HVAC industry.
7. DEWALT VSR Right-angle Drill
- By: DEWALT
- Item Weight: 4.5 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 5.9 x 12.6 x 4.2 inches
With just a glance on this power tool, those who normally use such product could get the name right in just one guess. Definitely, it is the right-angle drill by Dewalt, an American company well known for its super-strong power tool, and power equipment.
- The right angle drill has a compact right-angle design for easy access in tight places
- Paddle switch for convenient one-handed operation
- DEWALT angle drill chuck is shielded to protect workpiece from chuck teeth in confined areas
- 100% ball bearing construction provides durability and longer tool life
- Double gear reduction increases torque performance and decreases gear stress
Most of the electricians, HVAC technician recommend this brand. And on this list today, its right-angle drill has something to show you who is struggling to find the right drill for your daily use. The compact design is the signature value of Dewalt product; and with this specific drill, it eases the way you take control and drill the hole in the tight space. It features the top-performance motor that could offer the great speed up to 1,200 rpm.
Moreover, this drill also has the paddle switch that allows the user to command this drill using only one hand conveniently. Dewalt also includes the double gear reduction that could increase torque performance besides the drilling operations. And talking about its casing, this right-angle drill is constructed from the top-quality materials ensuring the long time usage. The ball-bearing chuck guarantees the durability and strength to drill quick and deep in any material.
6. Bosch Max Right Angle Drill
- By: Bosch
- Item Weight: 4.8 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 12.5 x 9.8 x 4.2 inches
And now, it is Bosch’s time to join the list of this top power tool. The German equipment giant also has its right-angle drill to show you as well. Bosch’s Max drill uses a 12V motor to drive the chuck to the impressive speed up to 1,300RPM with the maximum torque up to 115 in-lbs.
- POWER: A 12V motor provides 1,300 RPM as well as 115 in-lbs. max torque in a lightweight drill driver weighing only 2.75 lbs.
- VERSATILE: The 5-position pivoting head articulates from 90-degrees to 180-degrees, making it the perfect drill driver combo for working in tight areas.
- CONVENIENT: The 3 8-Inch auto lock chuck allows for simple bit replacements and a variety of applications including anything from driving 3 inch screws, drilling a pilot hole, or using a 3 4 inch spade bit.
- VARIABLE SPEED: The PS11-102 utilizes a variable-peed trigger for perfect speed regulation. This tool is signifcantly faster than current competition in Lithium-Ion.
- PRECISION: Comes standard with a motor brake for exact serial screw driving and Bosch's Electronic Cell Protection to ensure longer battery life and run time.
|Power Source||Battery Powered|
However, you can adjust the speed via the paddle trigger which is easy to use, good for single-hand operation. The interesting feature of this drill is the adjustable head. There are five positions available for you to modify when you work in the tight area. The chuck is designed to lock automatically for the bit replacement and also help to provide the accurate drill as well. One function that stands this drill out is that it could drive the screw satisfyingly as well.
The Bosch’s drill comes with a piece of 12V battery with its charger. You can track the battery life with the built-in fuel gauge. And talking about the comfort when using, this drill has the soft grip handle for secure grip and improved ergonomics. Especially, with the weight of only 2.75 pounds, you could conveniently bring this drill around during your work.
5. Milwaukee Bare-tool Cordless Right-angle Drill
- By: Milwaukee
- Item Weight: 2.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 11.3 x 4.3 x 2.7 inches
This is so far the second drill that Milwaukee has in this list. And different from the aforementioned D-handle model, this cordless right-angle drill is the latest development that you should pay attention to.
- Power Tools
- Manufacturer: Milwaukee
- Country of Manufacturer: China
- Features 3/8-inch single-sleeve ratcheting chuck for maximum versatility and grip
- An extended paddle switch allows for controlled use in multiple positions
|Color||As the picture shown|
It features the 3/8-inch ratcheting chuck that ensures the maximum durability and versatility during your operation. With such sleek and compact design, this drill could deliver up to 100 inch-pound of torque effortlessly. Moreover, you can select the drill mode from its 11 available settings for your complete control in the various situation. Another fascinating feature of this drill is the built-in LEDs that help to illuminate your dark working areas. So you don’t need to carry an extra flashlight with you.
An extended paddle trigger makes it easier for you to command this drill even using one hand. On the other hand, about the power, this Milwaukee’s drill uses the rechargeable lithium-ion battery to run the drill. You can easily check the battery life on the built-in fuel gauge. And you also don’t need to worry about overcharging it as well since it has the overload protection on the battery. As a verdict, this cordless drill from Milwaukee is the big thing that most of the people don’t recognize.
4. Dewalt 20V Max Right-angle Drill
- By: DEWALT
- Item Weight: 3.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 12.4 x 2.4 inches
This is the second drill from Dewalt on this list so far, though it looks yellowish as the previous ones. But there are some features that separate these two. The sleek and compact design will lure you to click buy with the first impression. You can fit this right-angle drill conveniently to your hand with full strength to perform the job.
- Dual speed ranges (0-650/0-2000) rpm for increased user flexibility providing a wide range of applications
- Compact front to back length (4.0") allowing users to fit into hard to reach spaces
- Multi-grip trigger provides comfort and convenience, allowing the user to get into tighter spaces while still having access to the trigger
- 3/8" ratcheting chuck with deep hex pocket allows 2" (50 mm) hex bit to be fully inserted for getting into tight spaces.
Talking about the performance, this drill could make it to the insanely fast speed that a drill could make, up to 2000RPM. If it is not impressive enough to you, it also comes with another speed range, 0-650RPM. You can adjust to any which according to your task. The chuck was placed in the 90-degree position allowing you to fit this into any space that the conventional drill could not.
This Dewalt’s right-angle drill runs on the 20-voltage motor. The trigger to operate the motor is cover with multi-grip for maximum safety and extra comfort when using. The Li-ion battery of this drill is rechargeable and can be replaced quickly when needed. However, it is not included in the kit. In the set, you will get this drill with a belt hook and two Phillips bit screw driver.
3. Makita Right-angle Drill with LED Light
- By: Makita
- Item Weight: 4.2 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10.6 x 2.4 x 3.1 inches
And now you might be waiting for this particular to appear on this list, here it is. Makita also makes it to the list in the top three with its latest developed right-angle drill. This Japanese-made power tool boasts the robust 4.0AMP motor in an impressively light weight of just 3.5 lbs.
- Powerful 4.0 AMP motor with less weight (3.5 lbs.)
- Variable speed (0 - 2,400 RPM) for drilling in a wide variety of materials
- Compact design (10-5/8" long and 2-5/8" head width) for use when working between framing studs and other close quarter applications
- Paddle switch with speed limiting dial to prevent over-tightening of fasteners
- Built-in clutch engineered to prevent gear damage by automatically disengaging gears if the bit binds
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
Makita constructs this using ball-bearing method in most of the elements of this equipment. Such method gives you the longer life usage of this equipment. This efficient design could provide you the variable speed up to the insane speed of 2,400RPM. The drill chuck works symmetrically with the motor delivering you the perfect and accurate drill. You definitely could not find such fast-speeding drill in a tool in this size.
A built-in LED light was in place that makes it easier for you to work in the dark working area accurately. You can command this Makita’s drill by the paddle switch with many functions. You can limit the speed of the motor with the trigger without over-tightening the fastener. Moreover, such trigger allows you to operate it using only one-hand conveniently.
2. Milwaukee Right-angle Drill Attachment Kit
- By: Milwaukee
- Item Weight: 1.1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 10 x 2 x 6 inches
If buying an extra drill is not your ideal choice, then turning your existing power drill into one might be interesting . This two-inch wide tool allows you to drill the hole, install the screw with your conventional bulky drill. Milwaukee presents you the right -angle attachment that works consistently with any drill.
- The product is easy to use
- The product is durable
- The product is manufactured in Taiwan
- 1/4-inch hex right-angle drill/driver attachment; accepts standard 1/4-inch hex shank bits
- For cordless 2.4- to 18-volt drills; up to 235-inch-pounds of torque; allows work in tight spots
|Power Source||Air Powered|
You just attach it to your power drill via a fastener, then you are ready to reach any tight space you wish. Milwaukee uses the top-quality durable metal and steel gears to make this attachment kit. With such small appearance, this drill could perform from 2.4 volts to 18 volts of power for cordless use; and up to 235-pound torque. The drill also comes with the 0.25-inch hex right angle attachment that could give you the perfect drill in seconds.
On the other hand, the chuck is the chrome-finished steel gear that could withstand the tough duty. no matter if it is plywood, steel, or concrete wall, the highly rated tool could withstand that well. Moreover, you can easily change the magnetic chuck with its replacing accessories. As a verdict, this tiny right-angle drill attachment from Milwaukee is all you need on top of the heavy-duty drill you are having. This drill with the attachment kit could help you finish your difficult task in a more efficient way.
1. Dewalt DWARA100 RIght-angle Attachment
- By: DEWALT
- Item Weight: 7.7 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4.9 x 1.2 x 8.7 inches
The top solution for your challenge in tight space working area is not only the right-angle drill, but we could offer you the attachment that works on top of your conventional drill. This time Dewalt makes it again to the top of the list with its little but powerful attachment.
- Right-angle Attachment For Impact Driver, 5X longer life on average vs. Milwaukee 48-32-2100 in Milescraft 1302
- Sure-set System Floating Magnet Secures Fasteners, True 90 degree head allows tight access when using 1" bit tip
- Better Accessibility For Tight Spaces, Impact Ready Performance - Designed for Use in Impact Drivers
- Better accessibility to drive screws and drill holes in tight spaces, Fasteners supported by ring magnet
- Ergonomic ABS handle does not get hot while in use, Allows for tighter access with your current impact driver, with increased gear strength
|Item Dimensions LxWxH||4.88 x 1.19 x 8.74 inches|
|Size||Pack of 1|
|Number Of Pieces||1|
You just fasten it with your power drill, you can access to any tight space you wish even by using the 1-inch bit tip. A ring magnet supports the fastener for the retention and holding power between main drill and the attachment. The attachment does not affect the performance from the drill but instead spin faster with its smaller chuck. Dewalt makes this attachment of the top-quality shock-proof metal that you can hold it while drilling the hole. The material does not get hot when the motor is in full use.
The ergonomic design of this right-angle attachment solves the main challenge of many technicians that working in the tight space and environment in a simple way. Moreover, this attachment is built to last with the rated life-cycle up to 2,000 times of use. For the verdict, this tiny attachment does indeed help the technician increase their productivity in a very efficient way.