Jab Saw might be a new term, but I believe most people will get familiar better with the term, Keyhole Saw. This tool is not a big deal for the technicians, or engineers like the power drill, but this tiny and sharp tool could be essential for some situations.
Firstly, this jab saws could reach the small and deep area where the typical tool couldn’t reach. In particular, it performs as the sharp knife as well as the saw. For instance, it could cut through the drywall or some other substances without the assistance of the power drill. Secondly, it does its original job suggested by its name, like a saw. Typically, jab saw, or keyhole saw features the razor-sharp blade that could perform the cut perfectly and accurately as well.
Since the development of the product keeps the pace with the power tool, the manufacturers have been conducting research and renovated its product. Such development leads to many types of product available on the market. Hence, we believe it becomes a struggle for the intended buyers figuring the right choice for themselves. Therefore, in this article, we will walk you through the 2022’s top 10 best jab saw.
Best Jab Saws- Editor’s Pick
Customer Purchasing Guide:
- Controlling the saw is an integral part of the users. Hence, you need to pay much attention to the handle. Some saws have the rubberized grip handle that could reduce the slippage and add up comfort. But the rubber handle could be a hard stuff when you don’t take care of it well. If you are working in a harsh environment, it should be great to go with the wooden handle.
- The next integral part is the blade. It is important to choose the one with dense teeth since it could provide you faster cut; so you can also finish your work quickly as well. But the high TPI blade requires reliable power to handle it. If you are still amateur to this work, it is better to get the one in around seven teeth-per-inch.
10. Dewalt Cushion Grip Multi-Saw
- By: DEWALT
- Item Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 6.6 x 14.5 x 2.9 inches
I may have mentioned it somewhere that the list of the technical tool is not complete without Dewalt. Same thing applies to the Jab Saw’s list. The keyhole saw from Dewalt makes it to the list for some reasons.
Primarily, it features the durable and high strength blade made of the top-quality steel with chrome finish. Moreover, you can easily change the blade quickly with its tension nut. The saw is designed to works with most standard handsaw blades. Secondly, it also comes with the extra comfort when using as well. Dewalt wraps the handle of this saw with the cushion grip ensuring the non-slippage and maximum strength when taking control with this saw.
The design allows this to serve most of the time when you are encountering the smaller task. In particular, it could cut through the drywall, plastic, and other substances or materials.
9. Tajima Japanese Drywall Jab Saw
- By: Tajima
- Item Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 15 x 2 x 2 inches
People usually appreciate the Japanese products, and here we bring you the jab saw product line from Japan. Tajima makes a broad range of tool that you may need, but jab saw is somehow its specialty. Particularly, Tajima’s jab saws come in a complete set boasting with both performance and the comfort.
- Used for trimming, dovetailing, woodworking, finish cuts and fine wood cutting
- Japanese style blades cut 3 times faster than normal blades
- Triple-edge cutting teeth made of impulse-hardened steel
- High quality saws and blades from Tajima
- Quick Release - Easy to install and remove blades from Tajima Handles
Specifically, it features the sleek tapered chrome plated blade. The blade is available in a wide range from 7 TPI up to 19 TPI, which is tailor-made for your flexible needs in every kind of situation. Moreover, the blade is protected with the Fluoro-coat that help to provide the fresh and clean cut. In addition, the design concept helps to strengthen the performance of this saw as well. It comes with the thick elastomer grip giving you stronger handling on the saw.
On the other hand, the design also makes it more convenient for you to keep this saw around as well. The foldable blade could reduce the risk of getting injured when being around it. More interestingly, as Tajima chooses to coat it chrome, the saw could withstand some kind of harsh situation. And it leaves no rust or stain in the long run. However, there are many options available; hence, choose it wisely.
8. LENOX Tools Folding Jab and Utility Saw
- By: LENOX Tools
- Item Weight: 3.5 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 4.5 x 1.6 x 14 inches
Another tool we need to pay more attention to. It is the jab saw from Lenox featuring the interesting design with the mighty blade. Specifically, Lenox makes this jab saw of the high-quality die-cast aluminum allowing it to be light in weight but deliver the high strength when in use.
- Aluminum locking mechanism prevents the jab saw blade from being removed during use
- The jab saw has an interchangeable handle which holds a standard reciprocating saw blade.
- The jab saw is ideal for flush-cutting applications or when a hacksaw is not available
- The TRI-FOLD jab saw is great for cutting drywall, plaster, wood, plastic and metal
It is an ideal choice for the flush cutting or as the replacement where the Hackshaw could not reach. Such sharp-teeth blade allows this saw to cut through the gypsum, plaster, wood, or even metal quickly. The blade is locked with the specially-designed mechanism to keep the blade from being removed or adjusted when in use. Moreover, the foldable locking mechanism also prevents you from being injured caused by the blade as well.
Also, Lenox also wraps the handle around with the over-molded rubber allowing you to strengthen the grip while working. As a verdict, this utility saw does make a great pocket tool if you are a technician or engineer dealing lots of new challenges every day.
7. Coher Folding Hand Saw
- By: coher
- Item Weight: 9.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.5 x 2.1 x 0.9 inches
Coher also joins the list this year with its professional rated pocket hand saw. In particular, it comes in a tiny compact size of 6’7″ allowing you to carry it around easily. Moreover, the saw features the triple-cut razor teeth blade which is ideal for the smooth and quick work.
- RUGGED SK-5 STEEL BLADE: Ideal for a wide variety of activities including gardening camping survival bushcraft landscaping hunting and cutting wood
- COMFORTABLE GRIP: Unlike similar products on the market, this hand saw for cutting wood comes with an ergonomic non-slip handle supported by a leather strap, providing stability and enhancing maneuverability.
- SAFETY COMES FIRST: With a 2-angle adjustable blade, folding design and secure blocking system, this hand saw is highly convenient and safe for beginners and professional users!
- MULTI-PURPOSE & VERSATILE: This pruning saw is a must-have tool in your collection, being ideal for a wide variety of activities including camping, hiking, hunting and cutting wood.
- 100% MANUFACTURER MONEY BACK GUARANTEE - COHER Guarantees All of It's Products and Tools for Life!
Besides, the blade also provides the long-term durability and the high performance due to its top-quality material of high-carbon steel. You can have the guarantee from the company that there will be no rust or stain on the tool even after long-time use. Also, the saw boasts with the ergonomic design with the anti-skid handle. Such rubberized wrap offers users better and more firm grip as well as more strength when controlling the saw. You can also adjust the blade and fold it in the safety lock when not in use.
This Coher’s hand saw comes with the plastic scabbard, which could store safely protecting the users from getting injured. For the recommendation, this hand saw is an ideal tool for those who normally go off the grid to the adventurous zone since this saw also work as a replacement of self-protection knife as well.
6. IRWIN Tools ProTouch Jab Saw
- By: IRWIN
- Item Weight: 3.2 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 1.3 x 3 x 13.5 inches
This is another professional keyhole saw from the well-known brand, IRWIN. Notably, the design and the materials used make this jab saw to fits best for your professional and commercial use. Notably, it features the thick-body blade that could provide you the exceptional rigid for a great cut.
- Thick-body blade is exceptionally rigid for better cut control.
- Tri-Ground Teeth are aggressive for fastest, smoothest cutting.
- Ergonomic handle with ProTouch rubberized grip provides comfort and control.
- For roughing in drywall, cutting out HVAC, plumbing, and electrical openings or cutting ceiling tile openings.
To make this saw blade, IRWIN chooses the top quality metal with chrome plated allowing this jab saw to work great for the long-time use without leaving any rust or stain. Moreover, the excellent materials are not enough to provide a great cut; it also requires the ergonomic and efficient design as well. And this IRWIN’s jab saw comes with the tri-ground teeth and sharp end; such design gives the users more power to perform the fast and smooth cutting.
On the other hand, IRWIN does not ignore your comfort as well. In particular, it has the rubberized-wrap handle with the ProTouch grip that provides the users with extra support and fullest control on the tool. Apparently, this jab saw is designed for the perfect use for the technical work, HVAC task, etc.
5. DEWALT Standard Jab Saw
- By: DEWALT
- Item Weight: 5.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7 x 5 x 3 inches
So far, this is the second jab saw from the fan-favorite brand, DEWALT. And with this newly-innovated saw, it has more to show you on top of the one you previously see. Moreover, this standard jab saw comes in set with all the qualities you need, comfort, performance, and the user-friendly design.
- Aggressive Tooth Design of the hand saw cuts up to 50% faster than traditional tooth designs
- The handsaw has multiple material usage for use on drywall, plastic and other building materials
- Induction-hardened teeth stay sharp for long life
First of all, DEWALT designs this saw featuring the aggressive tooth that could perform the cut up twice faster than the conventional saw.; the blade teeth are also hardened with induction keeping it sharp for long-time use. Moreover, DEWALT uses the high-quality and tough metal with the chrome plated. The coating does help to reduce the risk of getting the rust or stain on the blade when using under the wet area.
Also, the DEWALT’s saw also features the ergonomic design with the concept putting the customer experience as the priority. Specifically, its handle is made of the plastic with the rubber over-mold wrap around. The handle casing provides user extra comfort as well as the control on the saw while performing the job.
4. Tarvol Folding Hand Saw
- By: Tarvol
- Item Weight: 8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 13.7 x 3.3 x 0.2 inches
I believe this is what most of you have been anticipating. Now, it is here; the hand saw from Tarvol, an international brand known for the high-quality and durable technical tools and equipment.
- 7 Inch Razor Tooth Hand Saw - 1.2MM Thick, 7 TPI (Teeth Per Inch) 65Mn Grade. Straight Blade Design and 100% Corrosion Resistant!
- Fordable Compact Design - Incredibly Versatile, Folds down to 8.5" and only 2" Wide
- Ergonomically Cushioned Handle - Pistol Style Grip Gives You a Comfortable Sturdy Feel While Cutting/Sawing. Convenient Hanging Hold for Storage!
- Perfect Addition To Any Toolbox - Often Used for Cutting Drywall, Wood, Bone, Trees, and Plants. Ideal for Pruning, Hiking, DIY Projects, Camping, Fishing, Hunting, Gardening, Woodworking, and More!
And with this hand saw, it is the folding type with the sharp-teeth blade that could deliver the fast and smooth cutting in any surface and with any substances. For the blade, this Tarvol’s saw features the 7-inch razor teeth with 1.2mm thickness providing the powerful and aggressive tool to cut through some surface. Moreover, it is made of the top-quality and tough metal with the chrome plated allowing it to be 100% resistant to the corrosion and scratch.
Also, Tarvol designs this hand saw with the customer with its mind. Therefore, it comes in the foldable compact design that increases the volatility and also reducing the risk of getting injured as well. Moreover, the ergonomic design also provides the users with the rubberized-wrap handle. Such wrap gives the users more comfort and sturdiness when in use.
3. Hyde Tools MaxxGrip Pro Jab Saw
- By: Hyde Tools
- Item Weight: 5.6 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 18.2 x 14.5 x 8.8 inches
Now, we’ve come to the top three of the list this year. And the hand saw in this top rank goes to Hyde Tools Pro jab saw. Undeniably, this tool makes it here for a couple of reasons. Primarily, it is credited to the use of the top and sturdy quality material for the production.
- Country Of Origin: China
- Model Number: 09116
- Item Package Dimensions: 18.0" L x 18.0" W x 21.0" H
- Item Package Weight: 3.0 lb
Hyde Tools uses the high-carbon steel to make the blade of this saw. Such materials allow you to perform the cut fastly and also smoothly as well. In particular, the blade of this saw could cut through the gypsum, wood, and even masonite. With this jab saw, the small task is no more problem for you. Moreover, the high-carbon steel is resistant to the corrosion as well as with the harsh environment that could cause rust or stain.
On the other hand, the jab saw from Hyde Tools also comes with the ergonomic design featuring the comfortable handle. Soft rubber grip wraps around the handle providing you further comfort while using. Also, the rubberized cover also helps you to maintain the control on the saw while using as well. And the sharp point of this jab saw is there for a reason; it helps you to penetrate without drilling or knife.
2. Stanley Jab Saw with Wood Handle
- By: Stanley
- Item Weight: 3.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 13.8 x 2 x 1 inches
So far, as we’ve seen lots of the jab saw with different design and various level of performance, but most of them have something in common especially the handle. Notably, Stanley joins this top tool list with its recently-developed tool coming with the wooden handle.
- The hand saw is designed especially for making cuts in plasterboard
- Self-starting point of the handsaw is sharpened for plunge cuts
- Blade is epoxy-bonded and ferruled to the handle for a connection that is three times as durable as non epoxy bonded blades
- 6-inch wallboard saw for making cuts in plasterboards
- Self-starting point designed for plunge cuts
However, the wood handle from Stanley does a better job than the rubber one. The wooden handle works perfect in the long run and does not wear out when regularly applied to water or other substances. Moreover, this jab saw features the excellent-quality metal blade with the 6-inch teeth, convenient for the cuts on the plasterboard or the drywall. The sharp end of the saw also does the work to replace the knife occasionally.
On the other hand, the design of this saw shape the way you take control of it. The sharp-end along with the hard wood handle provides users more power to perform the cut quickly, and smoothly. Also, with its classic and professional looks, it serves great as a gift for your friend or family.
1. Stanley 6-Inch FatMax Jab Saw
- By: Stanley
- Item Weight: 4.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 3 x 3 x 1 inches
This is the second as well as the last product on this year list from Stanley. With this FatMax series, Stanley shows you the reason why they are here at the top of the list. Primarily, it features the blade with newly-developed SharpTooth technology.
- SharpTooth Saw Technology of the hand saw uses three cutting surfaces to cut 50% faster than conventional STANLEY Hand Saws
- Comfortable, slip-resistant, bi-material handle of the handsaw is designed for strength and durability
- Sharpened tip punches through drywall with ease
- 6-inch jab saw with a sharpened tip for puncturing drywall
- SharpTooth technology cuts 50% faster than conventional saws
This development helps to improve the cut to be 50% faster than the conventional hand saw. Moreover, the blade also stays durable even in the long-time use since it was hardened with induction during the production retaining its sharpness 5 times longer than the standard ones. However, the 6-inch blade features the sharpened tip to puncture through drywall or plasterboard.
Additionally, this FatMax jab saw has the thick and ergonomic rubber grip handle. THe rubberized wrap resists the slippage and provides comfort to the users while using it. Stanley actually lives up to its name as the world-class producer of technical tools as we have witnessed with this jab saw.