Here’s a guide that will shed light on which night lights are the best right now!
Not everyone likes absolute darkness in their bedrooms, which explains why so many people look for the best night lights they can get. Kids certainly don’t like the dark, especially after watching too many horror movies.
Adults may also want a light so that they won’t have to grope around in the dark for their smartphones, eyeglasses, or the glass of water by their bedside. Some nightlights can even let you read so you can relax and get ready for sleep.
Best Night Light for Sleeping – Editor’s Pick
Here’s a list of great-looking night lights with terrific features:
10. UNIFUN Touch Lamp for Bedrooms
Actually, this is great for living rooms and other areas in the house. The elegant looking cylinder lamp gives off light all around at 360 degrees, so it works best in the middle of room. You can use it for a corner, but you may want to put a mirror behind it. This is 4.7 inches high and 3.5 inches in diameter.
As it is, the light is very gentle and friendly for the eyes. You just need to touch the top panel to activate it. The brightness is in fact adjustable, so you can set it at dim or get it to at its brightest setting. It’s up to you. This uses LED lights, with just 9.25 watts.
What’s more, aside from the white light you can pick from any of the red, green, and blue colors for your light. You can choose any RGB color combination you want. It has a memory function, so it lights up in the color you last used when you activate it.
This is a rechargeable light, so it works even when there’s a power outage. Just make sure you recharge it constantly. A full charge gives you 4 hours at its brightest setting, and 8 hours with dim lights. This makes it very portable and easy to bring along anywhere. It comes with its own charging cord, along with a 12-month warranty.
9. LOFTER Plug-in Night Light
Of course this also uses LED lights, and it only consumes 0.7 watts as it offers just 30 lumens to light up a room. That’s enough light to make sure you don’t bump into things in the dark. The lights will last for 100,000 hours so divide that by 12 hours of darkness each day and you can expect the light to last for the next 23 years!
- 【RGB Mulit-color】Compare with traditional single color led night light, LOFTER-pro plug-in night light offers RGB multiple colour options, rotating color among more than 8 different colors and keep it on one of your favorite color are all available. Color setting helps to keep your kids calm at night without being as bright as the white light setting.
- 【Automatic ON/OFF】Our kids night light with smart dusk to dawn sensor, will auto turn on when ambient lighting＜12lux at dusk / night, and auto turn off at dawn or when ambient lighting is bright enough. Perfect to get around in dark without turning on light and also very energy-saving.
- 【Gentle Lighting】This night lamp provide the right amount of lighting to navigate you in the dark without turning on the main light, gentle glare-free illumination will not disturb to the eyes in the middle of the night. A good choice for little kids and the elderly.
- 【Slim & Energy Saving】Slim design allows the nightlight to lay flat to the wall, you don't have to worry about bumping into it. Energy efficient LEDs help you save energy and you will not notice an increase in your electricity bill even after a long time use.
- 【Wide Application】Stylish child night light is ideal for baby room, bedroom, nursery, hallway, stairs, Kitchen, bathroom, living room, storage, toddlers and so on. And simple to plug into any standard outlet to achieve move around your house without tripping at night.
|Light Source Type||LED|
|Power Source||Corded Electric|
This offers a warm white light along with 8 RGB colors to choose from. It can auto cycle through all the colors, and you can always set it to your favorite color. You only need to fiddle with a single button, so it’s very simple to use.
You don’t even have to turn it on yourself, as this has a “Dusk to Dawn” sensor that activates the light when it gets dark enough. That saves you effort and energy as well. The only drawback to this sensor is that it’s a bit too sensitive. It can flicker even if you just get in between the window and the light. It also has a plug at the back, so you’re forced to place it only where you have your electrical sockets.
8. VAVA VA-CL006 Night Lights
This looks like an egg holder, with the egg acting as your light. It’s actually quite cute, measuring 5 inches high and 3.6 inches in diameter. The base comes in different colors, so you can buy the white, blue, or pink.
This comes with a ton of features, so let’s get right to it. This comes with a nice white light, but you can also pick the softer yellow light. You’re able to set the brightness setting as well. If you tap the logo, it activates the 1.5-hour timer which is enough time for you to get to sleep.
This is actually designed to illuminate your baby’s bedroom, as the light is gentle enough for their eyes. In addition, it’s made with the safest materials, so it won’t harm your toddler in any way.
Its base is also the USB charger, and a full charge can give you 6 hours at the brightest setting. At its dimmest, it can even last for 200 hours. There’s a tiny red light that flashes when you need to recharge, and it turns to blue when it’s fully charged. This uses up only 3 watts.
This is not just portable, but is also rated for outdoor use. It is IP65 waterproof, and the Portable mode increases the brightness by 30%. In this mode, touch control is also disabled to keep people from accidentally changing the settings.
7. GE Plug-in LED Night
No list of lights will probably be complete without mentioning the venerable GE brand. This 30966 model is 3.5 inches high, 2 inches wide, and just half an inch deep. This gives you a soft white light with just 0.5 watts so you don’t waste energy.
- Light when you need It: With light sensing technology, this night light automatically turns ON at dusk and OFF at dawn
- Extended Life: Long lasting, energy efficient LED means no bulbs to replace and the light source feels cool to the touch, even after extensive use
- Compact Night Light: The modern night light design plugs into any standard unused indoor outlet while leaving the 2nd outlet free for use
- Home Decor: Compliment your home with this night light’s stylish, glossy white finish
- Safe and Dependable: This reliable night light is UL listed, designed in the USA and comes with a lifetime for your peace of mind
|Brand||GE home electrical|
|Special Feature||Dusk to Dawn Sensor|
You don’t even have to turn it on and off, since it has a dusk to dawn sensor. All you need to do is to plug it in the socket and you have a light at that very spot. It only emits 3 to 7 lumens, which is enough for you to avoid bumping into things when it’s very dark.
It may seem a bit bare when it comes to its features, but the point here is that this is a plug and forget night light. Put it in your dark hallways and stairs, and it’ll work for you every time. It only has a 90-day warranty, but this will last for a very long time.
6. GE 12498 Ultrabrite LED Bar
You didn’t think that GE just has one type of night light to offer, did you? Here’s another excellent model from their lineup. The good news here is that their lineup has lots of simple night lights that don’t cost much, but you can at least pick the model that suits your preferences.
- BRIGHT NIGHT LIGHT – Provides 100 lumens of bright white light
- AUTO/ON/OFF – Use switch to change from Manual On/Off to Automatic Light-Sensing mode
- COMPACT SIZE – Night light only uses one outlet, leaving 2nd outlet free for use
- LONG-LIFE LED – Energy efficient LED means no bulbs to replace and the light source feels cool to the touch, even after extensive use
- SAFE AND DEPENDABLE – This reliable night light is UL-CERTIFIED, designed in the USA and is made to last for your peace of mind
|Brand||GE home electrical|
|Special Feature||Auto/On/Off Switch|
|Included Components||Night light|
This light sets horizontally when you plug and place it in your electrical socket. The light measures 5.5 inches long from side to side, and 2 inches from top to bottom. This emits 100 lumens, so you can be very sure that it’s bright enough for you to use. You can even use this bright night light for reading before you fall asleep.
You also have the option to use the manual setting if you want, so you can turn it on and off whenever you want to. But there’s also an autosensing mode that will activate the light when it gets dark enough.
This uses only 1.8 watts, so again energy waste isn’t an issue. You also get a limited lifetime warranty.
5. Miroco Night Lights for Kids
This comes in with the popular egg design, which illuminates the room in all directions. You can have your toddlers play with this, since it’s made of safe-toy grade materials.
The night light offers lots of different options, starting with the brightness setting. Just touch the top to set the brightness, and then you can touch the logo to switch the light color when you have it at the Touch mode.
There is an anti-touch mode that lets you use this as a hiking light. You can set the brightness at 100%, 50%, or just 10%. There’s also an SOS mode you can use if there’s an emergency. The silicone handle at the bottom can let you hang this in your tent or even in your bedroom. It’s also waterproof.
The base acts as your charger, though you can also charge this directly through the USB input. A full charge gives you 6 hours at its brightest, but if you have it dimmed then it can last for 200 hours before you need to recharge it.
This measures 5.9 inches high with a diameter of 3.8 inches. It also uses just 3 watts. The light is very gentle, and it won’t bother kids at all when you use them.
4. Eufy Lumi Plug-In Night Light
This is a compact night light that offers gentle illumination that won’t bother your eyes. It’s just enough for you to see around for navigating at night. The LED light is so efficient that it will cost you only 30¢ a year as it only uses 0.4 watts.
- IDEAL LIGHTING: Provides the right amount of glare-free lighting to guide you in the dark.
- AUTOMATIC ILLUMINATION: Automatically turns on only when ambient lighting becomes insufficient.
- ENERGY EFFICIENT: Requires less than 30 cents a year to operate. Based on 12 hours of usage per day and 0.11/kWh.
- COMPACT SIZE: Does not obstruct the second outlet.
- WHAT YOU GET: 4x Lumi Plug-In Night Lights, User Manual, Happy Card, 18-month warranty.
You don’t have to manually turn this on and off either. You just plug it in the socket and it gives you light when you need it. It has a sensor that monitors the ambient light, and it activates the night light when it becomes dark.
The nice compact size is also a bonus, since it doesn’t block the other outlet in your socket. Just make sure remember that this is a 110 volt night light (don’t use 220V) and you’re good to go.
3. MAZ-TEK Plug-In Led Night Light with Auto Dusk to Dawn Sensor
While there’s a “Cool White” option offered, if you’re looking for night lights you’re better off with the Warm White version. The warmth of the light is actually very soothing, and it’s easier for you to find your sleep with this on.
- BRIGHTNESS ADJUSTABLE - You can steplessly adjust the Warm white brightness from 0 lm to 15 lm with a slide switch.You’re able to set your desired brightness on different occasions to provide the best using experience.
- AUTOMATIC ILLUMINATION - With smart dusk to dawn sensor, the night light will auto turns on at night or when ambient lighting becomes insufficient.Emitting gentle light that is easy to your eyes, while bright enough to light up your way in the darkness.
- Pailun UNIQUE DESIGN - Well-designed by senior designer, this nightlight is small and exquisite to catch your eyes. When plugging into any standard outlet, it will not obstruct the second outlet.you will fall in love with this small,exquisite and well-designed night light.
- ENERGY CONSERVATION - Thanks to LED technology without bulb replacement and up to 50,000 hours long lifespan. the maximum power consumption of night light only 0.5W, which help you save energy and money.
- NO MORE TRIPPING, STUMBLING, FALLING - Be SAFE at night navigating around your home. No more bumps, knocks, bangs or stubs. Whether you need to look after your children, use the bathroom, feed the pet, or drink some water, your toes and shins will thank you for it!
There’s a slide switch that lets you adjust the brightness, so you can make sure that it’s bright enough for your needs. The range goes from zero to 15 lumens.
It uses only 0.5 watts, and the LED light is rated to last for 20,000 hours. That’s about 4 or 5 years of use, which isn’t bad for a light that costs about as much as a cinema ticket.
You don’t need to manually turn this on, as its ambient light sensor will automatically turn on the light when it gets too dark.
This comes in a modern square design, measuring 2.8 inches on each side with a depth of 0.7 inches. It should fit right in with your interior design style. You can also plug this in without blocking the other outlet in the socket.
2. Syntus Himalayan Salt Lamp
If you’re rather tired of night lights having the same old designs and looks, you may appreciate the unique look of this model. It looks like it comes from a very mystical past, though it also has very modern features. The parts are all UL listed, so be assured.
- Premium Quality
- Keep Clean
- Dealing with Stress
- Proper Size
|Material||Himalayan rock salt|
|Included Components||Salt lamp|
It starts with the plug, which is adjustable to 360 degrees. You can plug it in, and then turn it at any direction of the clock that suits your fancy. This comes with an on/off switch, and the 7W LED bulb in the middle offers a nice soft light. You can replace the bulb if you want, but you shouldn’t exceed the 7W limit.
The bulb is surrounded by a cylindrical block of Himalayan salt, which has varying shades of light pink and pinkish orange hues. The light is very soothing and relaxing.
The salt is supposed to purify the air by killing off allergens and bacteria. The salt attracts the moisture in the air, and then the heat given off by the light will kill the bacteria and mold.
1. Westek Vintage Night Light by Amertac
Do you fancy having lights with a design that Thomas Edison himself may have used? This has that vintage design you want, and it’s even called the Edison design. You have a teardrop clear plastic bulb and inside you have the filaments that give off the light.
- Vintage Look, Smart Design – 2 pack, bronze. Illuminate your home or space with this Edison-style LED plugin nightlight. A perfect hallway night light, it’s a visual treat with a vintage / antique style and an industrial design edge
- Dusk-Dawn Edison Night Light – This delightful dusk to dawn wall night light turns on automatically when the auto-sensors detect darkness, providing illumination when you need it most making it an energy efficient lighting solution
- Thomas Edison-Style Filament Light – This vintage LED night light set features an alluring squirrel cage filament design built inside a vintage teardrop-shaped, clear plastic lightbulb and are designed to be noticed and tastefully flatter your home
- You'll Love The Way It Glows – Casts a warm and soft amber glow, creating an ambient atmosphere wherever you plug it in. Incandescent energy efficient LED light, 8 lumens, 1 watt, 120V 60Hz, 25,000 lifetime hours. Perfect for all over your home (kitchen, coffee bar, bathroom)
- Light Up In Style – This plug-in nightlight is big on looks and the perfect combination of old-fashioned charm and modern technology. It is a great way to create a warm and romantic atmosphere in your household
|Color||Aged Bronze Finish|
The LED lights are set at 8 lumens and it uses only a single watt. It’s rated to last for 25,000 hours so it should go on for more than 5 years. This will activate automatically, using a sensor to gauge the ambient light.
Buy this if you have a rustic interior home design, and it’ll fit right in with the look of your home.
Why curse the darkness when even the best night lights are so affordable? These lights are handy for bedrooms and bathrooms, along with hallways and stairs. It can keep you from stumbling in the dark, and set off the perfect mood for romance! Buy a night light for yourself and for your kids, and everything can seem much better during the night.