A swimming pool represents a place where people go so as to relax after a long day. However, do you know that the water needs treatment so that it doesn’t infect other people who come to swim? Besides hat, you should also know the right pH of the water that you use for swimming.
Therefore, what is the best pool water testing kit that you can use? Don’t worry because we have you covered. The below review list the best pool testing kits that will make you join the list of owners of great swimming pools that are all the time clean. Here are the Top 10 best pool testing kits in 2022 Reviews.
Best Pool Water Test Kits – Editor’s Pick
1. Taylor Technologies INC K-2006
- By: Taylor Technologies
- Item Weight: 2.3 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 9.5 x 6 x 4 inches
This test kit is ideal for Acid-base demands since it is completely alkaline. It comes armed with FASDPD bromine test for acidic base demands, total alkalinity as well as calcium hardness.
- Country Of Origin: USA
- Model Number: K-2006
- Item Package Dimensions: 9.099999990718" L x 5.599999994288" W x 3.899999996022" H
- Item Package Weight: 2.35012771292 lb
This product is not similar to the OT method which was initially used. It has the ability to differentiate between free available chlorine and total chlorine; this enables it to give you an accurate reading.
2. Taylor Technologies INC K-1106
- By: Taylor Technologies
- Item Weight: 5 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 9 x 3.7 x 1.4 inches
This water kit is ideal for use with salt water chlorine generators. After conducting a research, we have come to realize that you have to discard the old strips that you normally use to determine the water pH and instead choose this product and it will never disappoint you.
- Includes 3/4 ounce reagents R-0007, R-0980, and R-0981, tube #4025 with cap #3267
- High Range (0–6000 ppb) and Low Range (0–1000 ppb) comparator cards also included
Also, ensure that you keep the chemicals away from children because the chemicals might harm them.
3. Jed Pool Standard Dual Test Kit
- By: JED Pool Tools
- Item Weight: 15.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.2 x 1.2 x 11 inches
- High quality product
- Manufactured in China
- Test kit
- Two way OTO, total Cl and pH
- Includes one 1/2-ounce bottle chlorine test solution, one 1/2-ounce bottle pH test solution, plastic tester and carrying case
If you use this product you will realize that it is one of the finest kits ever to be made. The kit doesn’t replace test strips; however, if you use it for day-to-day maintenance it is much cheaper as well as very effective. The test kit is also economical
4. Digital Pool Water Test Kit
- By: LaMotte
- Item Weight: 1 pounds
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- Features a photometer which gives you a digital reading of test results.
- Water resistant housing and carrying case provided.
- Tests Free Chlorine, Total Chlorine, Bromine, PH, Alkalinity, Calcium Hardness, and Cyanuric Acid.
- Uses liquid reagents for all test factors except Cyanuric Acid, which uses tablets.
Individual who has used this product say that that it’s the best kit in the market. The product is also pocket-friendly, this means that you do not have to guess the PH as you have been doing before. The product allows you to measure the amounts of both chlorine and PH.
5. Water Test Kit for Lead
- By: WaterSafe
- Item Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 1.5 x 2.9 x 9 inches
This product can detect dissolved lead that is below the standards of EPA. So it is very crucial that you test the pool water soon as to ensure that it is safe to be used.
- Results on the spot
- No Lab Required
- No Mixing or Measure
- Calibrated the EPA standard for lead
The best thing about this kit is that it has a vessel for the water sample, a pipette for obtaining the right amount of water that is to be used as a test sample. Lastly, it features a test strip which gives the test’s results.
6. AquaChek 100 Count Pool Water Test Strips
- By: AquaChek
- Item Weight: 0.3 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 1 x 1 x 1 inches
- 7-IN-1 TEST STRIPS: Tests the most critical parameters: pH, Total Chlorine, Free Chlorine, Bromine, Alkalinity, Total Hardness, & Cyanuric Acid
- AQUACHEK ACCURACY: Using medical industry technology, our test strips offer comparable accuracy to liquid tests; No measuring & counting drops of reagent, leaving less room for error
- EASY TO USE: No more messy drops; Just dip the silver strip, remove it, wait 15 seconds, & compare with the color chart on the bottle; Test water at least twice a week for safe & balanced water
- SAFE & CLEAN WATER: Each color pad is designed with unique paper to optimize color vibrancy & mitigate color-bleeding to help maintain healthy water chemistry
- TRUSTED QUALITY: With over 35 years in the business, our products will help professionals maintain healthy pool and spa water chemistry
The best aspect of this product is that it uses chlorine strips that give out the total chlorine reading. Total chlorine is the value that you get after you combine free active chlorine and chlorine. You will only need the free chlorine since combined chlorine is very bad.
7. Etekcity Digital Handheld TDS Meter
- By: Etekcity
- Item Weight: 1.9 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.9 x 3.2 x 1.6 inches
In case you want to test the cleanliness of liquids, then this product can effectively do that for you. The product is very portable and also very easy to use.
- Ideal for water TDS testing like aquariums, swimming pools, water filters, and more
- Measurement range of 0-9990ppm and ±2% highly accurate and quick readings
- Data Hold Function: Freeze the measurement to view it out of the water
- Auto-off Function; Low power-consumption for years of reliable measurement
- Lightweight, handheld design; factory calibrated;CE/FCC/ROHS Approved; 2-Year warranty by Etekcity
It features a carrying case that also has a clip. The be4st thing about this meter is that it’s always ready to be used. Using it only requires you to remove its protective cap and place the probes inside the liquid and they’ll be measured immediately.
8. Blue Devil Pool Test Kits
- By: Valterra Products, LLC
- Item Weight: 6.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.6 x 1.8 x 11.5 inches
With this product, you will be able to test your and get the accurate reading. This product is used to test for pH, alkalinity calcium hardness, acid demand, chlorine conditioner as well as base demand in swimming pool water.
- VIAL INCLUDED: Testing vial is included in Cyanuric Acid testing kit
- DETERMINE ACID AMOUNTS: Determine cyanuric acid levels in pool
- EASY TO USE: Easy to read instructions- testing only takes 3 minutes!
- SOLUTION INCLUDED: 4 oz bottle of solution is included
- PACKAGING: Includes 1 kit per pack
The model also has all features that enable it to store as well as make your swimming pool water very clean and also healthy for everyone.
9. General Hydroponics with pH Test Fluid and Test Strips
- By:Hydrofarm, Inc.
- Item Weight: 0.8 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 5.5 x 1 x 2.6 inches
In case you have your own pH up and down solutions, then you should go for this kit because it’s all that you require.
You only need to put a little water inside the test tube, followed some drops of the pH solution and it will in-turn tell if the pH is right. This pH test kit works very efficiently as compared to the prolong style meter that you have probably used before.
10. 5-Way Test Kit with Case
- By: Poolmaster
- Item Weight: 15.4 ounces
- Product Dimensions: 7.4 x 4.9 x 4.4 inches
This model contains all the essential products maintaining both a pool and a spa. It is made using durable materials that keep your pool very clean.
It features a polyethylene case which can hold all the essential components in a good manner. It also has an easy to read indicator panel that ensures that the product doesn’t have any errors.
POOL TESTING KITS BUYING GUIDE
A lot of commercial pool test kits are available on the market today. Usually, other kits are well known, unlike others. However, they almost have similar accuracy if they are used in the right way. Below are some few questions that can help you to get the best pool testing kit:
What is your budget?
Photometric, as well as digital test kits, are usually more expensive than the other available options. As such, you should consider your budget before buying any pool testing kit.
Who takes the tests?
If you’re the only person to test the swimming pool water, colorimetric or titrimetric tests might be the best option for you. If different individuals will be taking the measurements then photometric might be the best. The result in colorimetric tests varies from 0ne person to another depending on their visual acuity.
What do you need to test?
Many test kits measure the basics – pH, total alkalinity, totally free and combined chlorine, calcium hardness as well as cyanuric acid. You may choose a larger kit which can be used to test for anything. Or, you can select a simple color/titrimetric kit that has an extra individual test or two.
What is the availability of reagents?
Most pool operators favor a test kit that can be found at their local supply company. This is because they can easily replace the reagents when they run low.
Does your state have any legal requirements that will dictate your choice?
Most pool operators usually forget to check the regulations of their state concerning test kits. The Many States usually have a set of requirements that a kit should meet so you should ensure that you look out for them.
With the above pool water testing kits, many people will throng to your swimming pool every day because they will not want to be left behind. The kits are not only affordable but they also have great benefits for every pool owner.